Saturday, September 4, 2010

Adventures in potty training: Take three

Another small victory last night. Another poo in the potty. In Madeline's own words, "A big one, Mommy." Funny how as I sat on the bathroom floor for 45 minutes (yep, it took her 45 minutes to do her business), reading book after book, it struck me how big she is, yet how small. She looks so tiny sitting on that big potty.

After it was all said and done, there was much celebrating. I actually considered taking a picture of her finished business. Seriously. Then I quickly realized how sick and wrong that was. Who wants to look at a picture of poo? But, of course, I did take a picture of her actually sitting on the potty. That's normal, right?


We called the grandparents. It's news worthy of sharing. Then we took a trip to Dairy Queen for ice cream and made a stop at the football game to watch the marching band.

You know how some parents want their kids to be the star quarterback or the valedictorian? I want my kids to be in the marching band that bad.

After all, I met my husband in the marching band. Yep. Band geeks forever.

2 comments:

  1. Just to let you know that the infamous Kate Gosslin took a picture of her kid's poo.... Glad to hear of the accomplishment. And you know we think our 2 Band Geeks are the TOPS !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And I totally want to see the marching band play when I'm back in Iowa in October...good memories.

    ReplyDelete