So...some of my favorite thrifty projects from last garage sale season.
They warm my heart.
This picture frame (garage sale, $1) came with magnetic poetry, but I knew it could be transformed into the new home for my souvenir travel magnets. I tossed the poetry words and filled it with souvenir fun. Both the magnets and the picture make me smile each time I see them.
Audrey's bow holder was a bit pricier (Goodwill, $2.99), but I knew it was exactly what I needed for Audrey's sink. Good thing that there's a Goodwill AND dollar store right next door to dance lessons...great way to kill 45 minutes. :) It was originally a very beat-up bulletin board. Some soap, water, scrap fabric, and ribbon transformed it to a lovely bow holder. One of these days I'll actually get out a nail and the hammer to hang it up. One of these days...
Command center organization. Found this pyrex bowl and letter organizer (plus two other vintagey bowls) at the same garage sale for....wait for it...85 cents TOTAL. I may have giggled like a school girl when I saw them. It was worth lugging a very newborn James out of the car just to see if there was anything good at that sale.
And, in case my husband is reading, NO. The counter is never that neat and clean. But I did organize it just to take a picture today. You're welcome.
Flower hooks for the A-bear's room (garage sale, 50 cents each). It took a few months to complete this super easy project. Cleaned them up. Painted. Mod-podged with scrap paper. And done.
| Before. |
Ahh....just thinking about garage sales makes today's freezing temps a bit more tolerable. Yay!
Have a warm Friday!
Have a warm Friday!


I do believe you have some of your Illinois Grandma G blood in you!! She could always make something new/useful out of something old/used. Very creative!!
ReplyDeleteLove, Dad