This guy brings me so many smiles. He is the happiest little bundle on the planet. Really. He just goes with the flow. Unless he feels like you are withholding food from him. Or teething. Then he'll let you know.
He currently has six teeth. Four on top, two on bottom.
He is a man on the move. Constantly. I had to put the pack 'n play up in the middle of the living room. It's the only way to keep him contained for two minutes while I do crazy things like dishes or cook or use the servicio.
Most days parenting three children is just {barely} controlled chaos. But every once in awhile there is a fleeting sane moment and I think wow, I'm actually doing this.
James is becoming a champ with the sippy cup and we're already cutting down on the nursing sessions and using up the freezer milk stash. We bought some whole milk this week to start using. I've been pregnant or nursing for approaching five of the last seven years and this mama is DONE.
He pulls up to his knees on just about anything (including toilets...can't take your eyes off him for a second) and makes the occasional walking motion when we hold him up. I am not ready for this milestone yet.
The other day I announced that I had lost the will to purchase and prepare food for our family. Does this happen to other people? It's as if I can't bare the thought of making one of the same ten or so meals that we eat regularly one more time. I think I need to get the crockpot out again or make some wintery meals to change it up. Thankfully, Darrin took James to Fareway that night and saved us from starvation. At least for another week.
When we snuggle at night or early morning feedings I just breathe James in. He is so sweet. But no longer the tiny little baby he was. This stage of life is fleeting and we continue to propel into the next one full speed ahead.
7 years ago

YES !!! The moments can be a challenge, but the memories last a LIFE time. Love you all!
ReplyDeleteGrandpa G