I have a feeling that the second week in August is going to be a big one for, well, forever.
As we walked home from taking Madeline to her first day of first grade with a cheerful one-year-old James waving to all who will catch his eye and a silly almost-preschooler Audrey completely sprawled out under the sunshade of the gigantic double stroller, I called out to my neighbor whose youngest was off to the first day of her senior year in high school.
"It's your last first day of school!"
His response?
"Well, there's always another first something..."
So, so true.
This week my last baby turned one and I nursed him for the last time. My first baby headed off to first grade (with desks, not tables! and individually owned school supplies, not community property!). And my middle baby has reclaimed the role of head-sibling-of-household while big sis goes to school.
Sometimes the ends of phases seem bittersweet.
But I'm ready for the next set of firsts.
7 years ago



First is ONLY a number!!! Important,,,,,, but a number. The coming years will have many 1st, another one is just around the corner. ENJOY all of the FIRST!! CUTE Threesome!! Grandpa G
ReplyDelete