I've always been a bit of a reminiscer of the good ole days.
My nephew turned ten today. A decade. Seems like a lifetime ago. It was a lifetime ago. Many little lifetimes ago.
Ten years ago today I was sitting in a Scott Osborn faculty meeting with my lil old Nokia on vibrate waiting for the call that a baby boy was born.
It was in the days of staying late with Oprah on in the background to perfect lesson plans or grade projects and leaving early on Friday to get several rounds of drinks in before our husbands were even off of work.
Those were good days.
Back then the good ole days were the college years. Being an "adult" but not having any responsibility. No job or bills or life. Just classes and afternoon television binges and semesters abroad.
Those were good days, too.
As time has gone by I've realized that the good ole days are today. The seemingly unbearable craziness of today will become the sweet memory of tomorrow.
So here's to the craziness of today. The bath times and stories and sippy cups and chicken nuggets.
May I always remember how sweet they will be in the tomorrows to come.
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment