Sunday, May 31, 2015

Let's Dance

First things first.  I'm pretty sure she's a natural.




The joy of watching her shine.  It's so incredibly beautiful.  Sometimes I take for granted the plight of the first-born.  Always the first one to try new things and to bravely step out in front of a big world.  Madeline does it with grace, poise, and confidence.



The first dances at dress rehearsal were a little rough, but the smiles grew with each performance.  It was so sweet to see that I cried during one of her last dress rehearsal dances when she finally seemed to break out of her shell.  I'm now one of those moms crying during a sweet and sassy jazz dance to "Popular".  {Plus, I love me some Wicked...even the adapted for Disney version featuring Ariana Grande.}



When Granny was backstage trying to tell her where we'd be sitting and how she'd know where we were during the recital Madeline replies, "I'll just look for the cameras."  She knows us.

After the first dance, I ran backstage to check on the costume changing.  All was under control so I told her I wouldn't be back for the rest of the show.  She said, "Yeah.  Actually I don't want you to come back again."  Confident and independent.

If you tell a girl to freestyle slow-mo, you never know when she's gonna throw in an impromptu leg extension.


She's fortunate to have a whole brigade of people who continue to show up and cheer her on for everything.  They bring flowers and picnic suppers and cameras and smiles.  They show up early to save seats before the doors open AND they don't go home until after the final curtain call of the weekend.  We're lucky to have this crazy support group.


Heading out the door way past bedtime on a chilly May evening.
Already looking forward to doing it again next year.

1 comment:

  1. THAT is what Grandparents do.....SHOW UP and HELP !!!!! Love them all including the parents :) !! Grandpa G

    ReplyDelete