Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Traveling Dowells, Episode 4.1


Some pictures of our vacation to the Wisconsin Dells with some great friends. This is the same group of friends that we went to Colorado Springs with three years ago -- when all of us were pregnant or a few weeks shy of being pregnant -- and now we have three adorable two-year-old gals. A lot changes in three years.


The gang with Paul Bunyan. And by the way, Paul Bunyan makes a mean flapjack camp breakfast.



We stayed in a beautiful cabin, had delicious meals (none of which I cooked, all of which I enjoyed), went to the water parks, the boys golfed, the girls "energized our souls" at the spa, and played lots of cards.


Madeline liked the water parks, but she wasn't a huge fan of water spraying in her face. She actually liked "swimming" around in the big pools more than I thought she would. We only had one really warm day -- sunny enough to be outside for a little while. (Don't let the photo fool you.) So we spent most our time at the indoor water parks.



It was nice to spend a few days relaxing with great friends and just hanging out. It's fun how the bond of friendship that the guys made in the second grade remains strong today. And I always smile at the fun coincidence that the three of them had baby girls all within 8 weeks of each other.


More thoughts on Dowell-style road trips to follow in a future post...

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you all had a good time. You are getting pretty creative with the chalk - Love Gma

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! That's where we're going for our "surprise" anniversary trip this weekend! I've been there just briefly once and Dave has never been so I'm excited!

    P.S. I almost got that swimsuit for Lily at Target, but it looks practically identical to my maternity bathing suit and I didn't know if that was too corny or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see the friendships continue through your married lives.

    ReplyDelete