Saturday, September 25, 2010

Adventures in potty training: Take four

Each day is one step closer to freedom from diapers (at least for the short term). We've gone with a hybrid version of all the potty training advice that I've heard from friends. We wear undies at home and set the timer to sit on the potty every 20-30 minutes. That's been going okay -- no major accidents (just one minor one in the kitchen=an easy area to clean), no furniture saturated. Candy corn and mellow creme pumpkins are a much desired reward for production on the throne.

Madeline's also started to tell us when she has to potty, resulting in a mad dash by crazy mom to make it to the bathroom on time. We've had success with this, too. Followed by much praise, high-fives, stickers and more.

When we leave the house, we use Pull-Ups. No successes here, but no failures either. The girl must have a bladder of steel because she goes two or three hours between tinkles. Maybe this is normal for a toddler-sized bladder? I have no idea.

Anyway, I'm super pleased with the progress. And I think that seeing her little buns in big girl undies is possibly the cutest thing EVER.


I'm also slightly concerned that potty training is pretty much the only thing on my mind lately. Is motherhood causing me to go slightly coo-coo? It's highly possible.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Mom! Madeline is getting it. And I think the 'candy' rewards are pretty enticing. She does love the pumkin and candy corn although M&M's are right up there too. I will continue to work with her. Love Gma

    ReplyDelete