Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Dream Giver

We're starting a new sermon series at church that I'm pretty excited about.

To be honest, I wasn't so excited at first. It's all based on a modern day parable outlined in the book The Dream Giver. Our church looked at this book in a sermon series a few years ago, and I wasn't all that excited for a repeat. We've already done this.

But I've had a change of heart. This weekend PSR's sermon really hit me, and I'm excited to dig in. Plus a video clip from Up kind of tugged at the heartstrings. When Darrin and I did The Dream Giver study (about six years ago!) we were looking for a way to get connected at church and meet some new people. We did just that, and it was one of the stepping stones that led us to Alpha and our current small group. At the time, I was certain what God's dream for my life was and I was happily living that out.

Now I'm in a slightly different place in life -- one adorable toddler and a baby on the way. At the time, kiddos were just a future dream, now they are our reality :). Our small group is evolving as some dear friends moved away and we are examining our group, our purpose, and looking to grow. Maybe God wants to show me a new dream.

This will be a great chance to step back, reexamine a few things, and see what God has in store for us!

1 comment:

  1. I noticed Nobody comments on your religious posts but that doesn't mean Somebody isn't reading it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete