While flipping through a magazine: "I'm just looking for coupons."
"I can try your pop now, Mom. I'm a big girl."
"Dowell is our last name, m'kay. Madeline is my first name."
While we were picking up blocks: "Thanks for your help, Mommy."
Pretending to talk on the phone: "Hello. How was your day? Good. Fantastic! Okay. Bye."
After asking me what a letter was and I told her the wrong one: "No! It's Z for zebra!"
After going potty I ask: "What do we do after we go potty?" (expected answer: Wash our hands.)
Madeline's answer: "We eat M&Ms!"
While being suspiciously quiet, I ask: "Do you need to go potty?"
"Yes"
"Did you have an accident?"
"Let me check...(looks down at her jeans)...No, it's just dry."
She's just too adorable. Too cute. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of times that aren't so cute. But for the most part, a total sweetheart.
This morning while we were out Madeline was singing in the car. She told Gma "Let's sing Jesus Loves Me " I said ok but then she said I needed to pray. She folded her little hands and Gma said a prayer that everyone will be safe and have fun today." Then I let her sing her song. Made me almost cry. Gma
ReplyDeletelove it...keep those Madeline-isms coming!
ReplyDeleteADORABLE and hilarious! I read this post out loud to Brian and he said, "Sounds like Lisa-isms." I agree, except for the news one--that sounded like Big D to me. ;D
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Swansina