Lack of posting has not been due to a lack of stuff going on. Just a lack of energy to form coherent thoughts.
As usual, church this morning was just what I needed. A sermon that reminded me to see the small things and notice the unnoticed. I've learned to do that a lot with Madeline. It's amazing what amazes her. Recently, it's been "the castle" downtown -- also known as the capitol. We don't drive by downtown too often, but have been that way a few times in the last several weeks. The first time was met with much enthusiasm, "Look, Mommy! A castle!" It's funny (or sad) how driving by such a beautiful building becomes normal and overlooked. Madeline frequently opens my eyes to the wonders of creation that I take for granted.
If I'd been more astute during worship, I would have written down the wonderful quote that PSR had about how art gets us to notice what was already there. But I didn't and I can't recapture it and give it justice. Know that it was great and really struck me this week.
The other HUGE thing that has been on our minds this week is "Grampy" Darrell -- the husband of our beloved babysitter JoAnne. He went to the hospital with stroke-like symptoms on Tuesday night, was transferred to Iowa City on Wednesday, has undergone several procedures, and now we know he suffered a slow leaking aneurysm. The good news is that he is doing much better now, and they are expecting a full recovery. Darrell and JoAnne will probably be in Iowa City for another two weeks, and then we'll have to see what the next steps are. Madeline is in the extremely loving and capable hands of Bonnie for the time being (which is a huge relief to have back-up childcare), but of course we are worried about Darrell. All of the kiddos at Gma JoAnne's absolutely adore him!!! We are looking forward to his safe arrival back home very soon! I know that their whole family would appreciate being covered in our prayers.
That's all for now. Here's to having a good week....it's homecoming week at AHS. Monday is Pajama Day. Heck, yeah!!!! The only appropriate way to show my school spirit and community pride is by going to school in sweatpants. Go HAWKS!!!
7 years ago
Gma's available as long as you need me to watch Madeline. We are having a great time !
ReplyDeleteShe keeps me young.
Gma