Monday, October 25, 2010

Status updates that weren't

Once again, life is in the fast lane and I'm in the slow lane. What's new? So, a blog post to honor all status updates and blog posts that have been on my mind but never made it to a published form.

Had a great time while cheering on marathon runners in DM. Madeline's comment: "He's naked!" accompanied with pointing and laughter at any man not wearing a shirt.

I fully intend to use this picture (taken on DM Marathon day) to publicly humiliate my daughter when she's 16 and done something naughty. Yep, she's in the back of my car, eating a fruit snack and watching videos on Darrin's iPhone.



Small group nights rock. I love Tuesdays.

My wise coworker Gene said the most profound thing the other day. To paraphrase his wisdom: If being tired is the worst thing that I've got to worry about, then that's not really too much at all.

The crock pot is an ingenious apparatus.

M's been really in to gum lately. She wants to unwrap my gum. She wants to put the gum in my mouth for me. Now she wants to chew gum. I've told her that she can chew gum when she's four (an arbitrary, yet older age that seems to keep her satisfied for now). Her response: "I'm four now." Me: "No, you're still two." Madeline: "Oh, well, I'll just hold this piece until I'm four." Good luck with that.

My friend Mandy had twins this weekend. Not only did she carry them for 37 weeks without complications AND both babies weighed over 6 pounds, she also delivered both of them vaginally. Wow. We jokingly tell her that she has a super cervix. But, seriously...that's like a super-human feat!!!

There's something really awesome about having a bff that you've really been best friends forever with -- the kind of person who tells you, "Dude, your feet stink! Put your shoes back on."


While at the UNI homecoming game, I couldn't help but think I've played football on that field. 2001 Intramural Flag Football. Aphrodite House in the championship game. Played in the UNI Dome. Woot woot!!! We lost, but it was fun. My job: Stand there, pull people's flags and don't let anyone reach Autum (the QB). You heard it here first, I'm an athlete.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I love this idea for a post, I could totally do one of these for all the things I've wanted to write about lately but haven't had the time. Madeline cracks me up! I think she and Lily would have some pretty interesting conversations if they ever got together :) And glad to hear everything went well for Mandy! Holy cow, super cervix is right! (And I didn't know she had a blog! Cool!)

    ReplyDelete