Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gettin' my Zs on...

Some allegations have been made at Casa Dowell. Please keep in mind that these have been unverified.

The other night it was rather windy and blizzardy out. We went to bed and the wind was blowing. After I'd been asleep for about ten minutes, I heard Darrin get up to go get the earplugs. He's a light sleeper. I figured the wind was bothering him. I went back to sleep.

The next night, I mentioned the loud wind outside that had kept him awake the night before. He claimed that the loud noise was from his own bed and laughed. Allegedly I was snoring so loudly that he couldn't fall asleep -- just after about two minutes of being asleep myself. According to Darrin we'd been talking, said good night and a few short minutes later I was already sawing the logs.

Whatever.

Last night, I had the best night's sleep that I've had in a long time. I feel asleep at like 10:30pm and slept straight until about 5:00am when duty called. Upon returning to bed, I noticed that I was in bed by myself. Darrin was asleep in the guest room. I figured he had overheated. Sometimes that happens, especially since I'm like a one-woman furnace in my current state.

I woke Darrin up at about 6:30am when his alarm went off and asked him how long he'd been sleeping in the other room.

He'd been there since 11:00pm. Ouch.

That means that I had fallen asleep and was already snoring so hard that he gave up hope and went to the other room just thirty minutes later. He'd tried the earplugs first in our room, but could still hear me. He'd gone in the other room and could still hear me. He'd put on the earplugs in the other bedroom and claimed that he could still hear me.

Again, whatever. I can't possibly make that much noise. If I made that much noise...if it was even possible to be that loud...I'd like wake myself up or something.

Oh wait. Maybe that's happened before.

Yet another of the many joys of pregnancy. :)

1 comment:

  1. Pretty funny! He should try a box fan WITH his ear plugs.

    ReplyDelete