I've been back at school for a week and I'm exhausted. Wowsa. I'm tired.
The students are in rare form! They are ready for summer!!! And it doesn't help that all of their teachers are busy boxing up all of their earthly educational belongings and trying to prepare for a big district-wide move.
Audrey's still typically up once or twice at night. Lately the second time has been around 4:45. Meaning that I don't really get to go back to sleep much after that. And I've got a slight case of The NV Crud. Like any middle school, that place breeds disease. I usually get The Crud after summer break, winter break and spring break. It's the gift of a humid, moldy school filled with 1200 adolescents. :)
My room is packed up. Boxes are ready for the new, replacement (yet to be found) Spanish teacher and the back of my car is filled with the boxes of my own personal stuff. Some of it I hope to use with the girls...but when I speak Spanish with Madeline I get an emphatic "no espanol, Mommy!"
As expected upon my return to work, I've got mixed emotions. On one hand I am beyond thrilled to be staying home. Being back has shown me one thing: getting two kids ready and out of the house in the morning is a lot of work. Especially when one has to be nursed and one is an opinionated three year old. On the other hand, I'll miss the people dearly. But I am looking to sub a bit next spring just to stay in the game (and to earn a year of service on my IPERS).
So, it's only been seven days and I'm ready for summer!
7 years ago
yes I am wondering how three kids is going to work in the fall. It should be interesting and maybe even entertaining. I am going to miss you at NV Lisa.
ReplyDelete