Friday, May 20, 2011

Watch Audrey Grow: 3 months

Just in time for Audrey's 3 month birthday, I've headed back to work.  (Hence the lack of blogging.)  The transition is going well -- Audrey's eating and sleeping well at daycare and has lots to watch at Grandma JoAnne's house!  Of course big sister Madeline is a huge helper.  And it helps me to know that it's only for seven days, then it's summer and SAHM time!

Nursing is going really well.  My original goal was six months -- we're halfway there!  And I'm really starting to think I'd like to go longer.  We'll see how things go, but everything seems to be going much smoother and I'm enjoying it. Yay!

Seriously, mom! I just woke up!  Enough with the pictures.

Audrey is quite the conversationalist.  Lots of "oohs" and "ahhs" and she loves to carry on back and forth.  It's pretty adorable.  The other morning when I heard her on the monitor she wasn't crying, but cooing at the light fixture on the ceiling. :)

Ooohhh.  Aaahhhh.  A conversation with Audrey.

We're also getting in to a nice routine of eating, playing and napping during the day.  She's been napping in her own room (instead of the bouncy seat), but she's still in her bassinet.  Last night she slept in her own crib.  Tonight she was a bit fussy so I put her back in the bassinet.  It might be a rough few nights when we transition to the crib -- she likes to be "buzzed" to sleep with the vibrate of the bassinet. 

Still not sleeping through the night, Audrey's usually up two times.  It's different every night.  We'll get there sooner or later....right???  She slept through the night once, and it was amazing.  I anxiously await sleeping for eight uninterrupted hours again in the (hopefully near) future.  Madeline consistently slept through the night at four and a half months.  We'll just have to see what Audrey does.

All's well at Casa Dowell!

No comments:

Post a Comment