Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Travel Loft

Today is better than yesterday. *Sign of relief.  A quiet naptime.  Both girls sleeping.  Halleluiah.  Audrey took a great nap yesterday. Awesome!  Madeline didn't take a nap yesterday.  Way less than awesome.

I've slowly but surely been putting things together in the loft/office.  When I say slowly, I mean s.l.o.w.l.y.

I've got all sorts of fun plans for the space, but they involve moving the chair that is in the living room up to office and that can't be done until we buy new living room furniture which may be awhile according to our cautious spending habits and the fact that we have two children under the age of four. You understand.  Yes?


So for now, I put up a mini gallery wall in the hall.  The  mirror and three of the frames came from Goodwill and got spray painted.  I told you I was in love with spray paint.  I framed a city map of Oviedo and made a word cloud at Wordle.  (If you don't know about Wordle, go check it out.  It's an old teacher trick.  Learned about Wordle in an online class a few years back.)  I also picked two of my favorite pics -- Madeline running down the path at Wilson's Creek last summer and our feet on the Kilometro Cero in Madrid in 2005 (legend has it that guarantees our return trip to Madrid one day!).


The dresser was my grandparents.  It's been in our guest room since we were married.  I put some new pulls on it, and I love it.  Excuse the one empty picture frame (and the poor quality of my pics today).  Still debating what my last project will be.  I'm thinking it involves some map art.


I'm also one $5 Amazon gift card away from buying some vintage travel posters for the loft walls.  I'm sticking to my guns and doing it for free.  Earning my gift cards on Swagbucks.  It's free, it's easy, and it's earning me free Amazon gift cards.

And now I'm gonna go check on my latest project involving some spray paint, ribbon, and fabric flowers.  Madeline's hair clip holder is almost complete...

2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE those swagbucks... :)

    I also think you and Emily V. should be hired to decorate my home. I'm so envious of your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Caroline. I'm just a DIY copycat. Now that I've found Pinterest (love!), I find stuff I like and try to make it. Emily's actually a real expert! Love her blog!

    ReplyDelete