Thursday, September 8, 2011

The first day

I've been so excited for this day.  I think it's fairly obvious: I. Love. School.  Love it.  So, I've been so excited for Madeline to start school.



Today was the day!  We were up and ready to go.  She's been looking forward to it.  A few days ago she told me that she could even drive there herself.


Once we got in the door and rounded to the hallway that her room is in...she was off.  An independent gal, that one.  Fits well with my new-found parenting philosophy (that I saw on someone's Facebook status awhile back): Hug and release.

The whole family accompanied her to preschool.  Mom stayed a bit for the parent orientation meeting, while Dad and Audrey said goodbye and went home for a morning nap.  Well, Audrey took a nap.  Darrin worked. :)

There were absolutely no tears or apprehension as I kissed her on the cheek and told her to have fun and be a good listener.  Her response was, "I will, Mom. Bye."  What a sweetheart.  I just love her to pieces.


When I arrived to pick her up, she was sitting with her class on the bench in the hallway.  She beamed as her teacher said "I see Madeline's mom," and came out to give me a hug.  She had a great day.

Of course, details of the day are being kept as a highly guarded secret for now.  I know there were muffins for snack, she went potty while at preschool (the potty there is "just her size"), and she came home with a drawing that she made.

"I'm going to school today, Audrey."

Did she have fun at preschool? "Yes!" (said enthusiastically, face glowing with pride)

What was her favorite part of the day?  "All of it."

Her greeting to her sister after school? "Auuuu-dreeeey.  I'm back from schooo-oool."


And thus goes her entrance in the formal education system.

No comments:

Post a Comment