I just can't resist them.
After receiving goody bags for Audrey and Madeline at a birthday party, Madeline holds up the Tootsie Rolls.
Madeline: Can Audrey eat these?
Me: No, she can't eat those. You can ask her tomorrow and I'm sure she'll share them with you.
Madeline: (Silence, thinking.) But she doesn't talk.
I had Ellen on tv the other day when Madeline woke up from nap. It was a rerun from last fall and one of Ellen's reporters was in a haunted house. I found it to be hilarious, Madeline was a bit scared. This sparked much questioning.
Madeline: Why are they tickling her? Are they in jail? Why are they surprising her? Why does she like being scared? Why is she laughing AND scared? Why are they wearing costumes? Why are they hiding?
After listening to myself attempt to explain them, I've come to the realization that haunted houses don't make much sense.
Madeline got her first haircut this week. (And I must say...why did I wait so long?!?! It totally cleaned up the stringy edges and looks so much fuller now!) She started to whimper and whine right before the haircut, I thought maybe she was having doubts about the whole process.
Me: What's wrong? It's haircut time!
Madeline: I wanted my lollypop first.
Of course. It's always about the lollypop.
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment