Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Madeline-isms: The Christmas Edition


This is the first Christmas that Madeline has taken an interest in Santa.  It's the first Christmas that she hasn't buried her head and tried to hide from Santa.  This year she has great enthusiasm for the jolly man as she likes to call him.  According to Madeline he's very jolly because he likes to bring toys to aaahh-aallllllll the children.

Audrey does not share her sister's enthusiasm for Santa.



We were playing school the other day in Madeline's room.
Madeline: Raise a quiet hand if you want to talk about Jesus.
I raise my hand (while sitting criss-cross applesauce, as I had been instructed to do).  Madeline calls on me. Then she quickly adds: No!  I'm gonna talk about Jesus.  And proceeds to launch into a lengthy soliloquy of all that she has learned about the Christmas story.  

Another day I overheard her talking to her pretend class about Jesus.  And she says: You know, Jesus.  With Mary.  His last name is Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment