Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Randoms

I put Audrey on the waiting list for preschool in 2014-2015.  While this seems completely ludicrous to me, the opportunity arose and I seized it.

Madeline and I have more disagreements over fashion than I'd care to admit.  She's quite opinionated.  If it's just a day around the house or running errands I'll let her wear what she wants (ex: Halloween tshirt in mid-December with rainbow sweater, blue jeans, wild hair, purple socks and fancy black dress shoes)  I draw the line at preschool.  She must look respectable.  There were some tears this morning over her hairstyle (pigtails).  I hope I'm not scarring her for life.  


I love sending and receiving Christmas cards.  There is so much joy in writing out the addresses of each person and the fond memories that rush back.  And, of course, receiving them is awesome, too.  Pinterest even inspired me to make this super easy Christmas card holder this year.  Bring on the Christmas cards!

Last night Madeline got out of bed at 9:15 (she'd already been in bed for an hour...) to tell me that she had forgotten to eat her "supper dessert".  I'm pretty sure she lays in bed at night rehashing every single second of her day.

At ten months old Audrey is already giving up her morning nap.  This is a foreign concept to me.  Everyone in our family loves to sleep.  Who wouldn't want an extra nap?  Apparently, Audrey.


In the garage today Madeline says, "That says Max. M-A-X, like Max at preschool".  I turn around to see the bag that holds our cans for recycling.  Sure enough, in big black letters: "OfficeMax".  The kid can read!  Is there a waiting list at Harvard?  Or would that make me a helicopter parent? Hmm...maybe we'll try kindergarten first.

No comments:

Post a Comment