Chasing Audrey's naked buns around the house because she doesn't have time to sit for a diaper change. Frustrating, yet adorable.
Madeline: Does that sign say "No smoking"?
Me: Yes, it does. Do you know what smoking is?
Madeline: No....do you know what smoking is?
How in the world did we get to our cars, drive to the mall/Fazoli's/HyVee/Bruegger's for lunch, eat, and make it back to class in twenty-five minutes in high school? And I usually stayed within the $10/week that my parents gave me for lunch.
"More time" is a myth. At almost every phase in my life I've thought "I'll have more time when I ____ or when we _____ or when the girls ____". There never is more time. The way that I spend the time is different, but there is never more time.
I've frequently been looking at Madeline wondering when she grew up. I swear I was paying attention and she still grew up anyway.
A toddler emphatically saying "No nigh-nigh-tah! No nigh-nigh-tah!" needs a nap. She just doesn't know it.
The sweetest part of my evening is bedtime. The only time when Audrey really snuggles and hugs. Otherwise she's always on the go. She's started to sing along at bedtime and it just makes your heart melt. Her little ABCs are adorable and she's like my back-up singer on Jesus Loves Me.
Me: Jesus loves me....
Audrey: ...uvs me....
Me:....this I know....
Audrey: ...no....
It's too sweet.
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment