Plenty of time to paint some finger nails, read some books in a fort, use lip gloss and color with a semi-permanent marker on the kitchen table. In her defense, and my defense, I assumed the marker that came with a cheapo JoAnn clearance craft kit was washable. It was not. Luckily the Dawn dish soap/hydrogen peroxide stain remover I made via Pinterest does a nice job on kitchen tables. Just took a few days, multiple applications, and some elbow grease. Reason #279 why I want to replace my decade old Ikea kitchen table but won't be getting a new one for at least a few more years.
Sunshine, Rend Collective, and my first garage sale purchase of the season made me happy today. {Spent fifty cents, upcycle project to come...}
Sometimes I talk to myself in public, but act as if I'm talking to Audrey. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this.
| I know this is a horrible picture, but it accurately depicts my life. Children moving at warp speed. Everything else standing still. |
Zumba makes me happy. New JT song for a Zumba cool-down kinda made my morning yesterday.
The other day I told Audrey we might go to Hobby Lobby. Later after dropping Madeline off at school in a torrential downpour I said to myself, "Whew, maybe we should just go home." Audrey replies from the back seat, "I wan go Obby Obby." The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
I tried a recipe for Cheesy Taco Soup this week. I'm rarely disappointed with Iowa Girl Eats. It was yummy. Darrin didn't care for the soup -- because he doesn't like Velveeta/Rotel dip and it tastes like that in soup form. To thank him for eating a new meal that he didn't much care for we're having breakfast for dinner tonight starring monkey bread with a side of eggs and bacon.

My hubby doesn't like the Velveeta/Rotel dip either...what is up with that? On another note...Dave also happens to work with Kristin aka Iowa Girl Eats' husband. Small world.
ReplyDeleteTotally do the talk to myself in public while pretending I'm talking to my children. Usually when I'm shopping at Target. And sometimes I wonder if people think I'm talking to myself in the car when I am actually talking to the girls in the back.
Happy Friday!