Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Bump: 25 Weeks

The first official bump post.

In about three months we'll have a baby boy in the house.  That seems unreal.

Un-real.

Baby Boy's room is still Darrin's office/my junk closet, Audrey is still sleeping in the crib, and we've made no attempts to retrieve the bassinet from a friend who used it last summer.  I suppose I better start thinking about such details.

And he doesn't have a name yet.

But he does have a handful of clothes and lots of love.  It's a starting point.  :)



And in other unimportant news: I don't know what I'm doing with my hair.  I think I'm growing it out a bit.  But right now I'm just stuck in the middle.  I went too long between haircuts and I think I need my bangs back.  

As for the pregnancy I'm feeling....well....OLD.  Apparently there's a difference between a first-time-pregnant 28-year-old who doesn't know any better and a pregnant SAHM 33-year-old with two children.  This may seem obvious to some.  It has come as a shock to me.

But really no news.  It's been a smooth, uneventful pregnancy.  And I'm thrilled with that.  Minimal, but typical discomforts.  And I'm good with that, too.

I'm excited for warmer weather and the chance to wear some new maternity clothes.  I've never been pregnant in the summer before....had to buy a few new things.  Plus my old maternity jeans that have already seen two winter pregnancies ripped out in the crotch, I refuse to buy another pair, and I'm not sure the iron-on patch is going to last much longer.  {Now you're all going to wonder about the state of my pants the next time you see me, aren't you...}  And the fresh air inspires me to get moving on some pre-baby projects.  Warmer weather better hurry the heck up and get here!!!!

That's about all...Happy Cinco de Mayo!  Have a margarita for me.  Por favor.

1 comment:

  1. I was 33 1/2 years old when you were born -- and things all worked out!!! Old??? Time just keeps moving on... :-)

    L.,
    M.

    ReplyDelete