Friday, August 23, 2013

Audrey-isms

Audrey's full of crazy stuff lately.

As she re-enters the house from outings with Dad she announces herself:  Look who is!  It Audrey!



She has taken to calling me "my mother" which comes out as "my mudder".
Hello, my mudder!
After a nap: My mudder!  My mudder!  I awake!  I awake!
We go outside, my mudder?
I love you, my mudder.



Potty training has regressed a bit.  I expected that.  Why is it that she has accidents in her undies after 45 minutes, but can be dry in a pull-up after 2 hours?  Lesson learned: suck it up and just buy more pull-ups.  I'm starting to catch on to her ways...



She enthusiastically recounts past adventures.  Most of which happened several months ago, but she thinks they all happened yesterday.
Yesterday I go zoo.  I ride train. I ride carousel.
Yesterday I go fishing with Papa.  I eat McDonald's.
I go circus yesterday.  I see poopy elephant. {Still loves this one.  It happened in March.}

Audrey is still quick to claim her position on Mom's lap.  Even if James is there also.



And now with the arrival of James comes mini-motherhood.  She really is doing a great job of being a big sister.  It's been an adjustment -- her buddy Madeline is at kindergarten all day and Mom spends a lot of time nursing and holding this new little dude.  She's handled it pretty gracefully although that's not to say there haven't been a few crazy moments.  She always wants to know: Where my baby brudder?  Where James?  He need his paci?

No comments:

Post a Comment