Monday, November 25, 2013

Randoms

For three days in a row last week, James slept through the night.  {I call anything after 5 am "through the night" especially since he goes to bed around 8:30 and then goes back to sleep for a few more hours after eating.}  Last night was what I would call more normal -- waking up around 2:30 and again at 5:00 and for the day around 7:00.

I feel like we're making very slow progress on the potty training front.  This makes me happy.  I am 100% certain that Audrey is completely capable of being potty trained if I gave it my full attention.  Tonight when I told her I was proud of her for using the potty today she confidently beamed and exclaimed "Thaaaaank you!"



While reading through her Critters of Iowa book tonight, Madeline was telling me about the wild turkey.  After reading its predators she told me it should also say humans..."you know, because of Thanksgiving."

"Dad, wrestle me and then laugh about it."



I am so excited to see what James' personality will be like.  Madeline and Audrey are so opposite in many ways, yet so much the same in many ways.  Where will James fall on the spectrum?  I wonder.

Madeline's favorite part of school today?  Right before recess when she was wondering if she had enough time to put on her snow pants and go outside to play.  She was glad that her brain told her that she'd have enough time.

It fascinates me to watch Madeline read.  Before the school year she could read some words and could sound some words out.  But now she's actually a reader now.  She reads everything. It's crazy to me how fast that happened.


Our household has a growing Cuties addiction.  They are soooo delicious.



"I can't believe you trust her to hold me."

There's a little bit of a sibling feud going on in our house over the Little People Nativity Set.  Madeline fervently believes that it must be set up EXACTLY as depicted on the box.  With each participant in their rightful position.  Audrey likes to put Baby Jesus in funny places and then says "Guys!  Look at Jesus!  {change position}  Look at Jesus now!  {change position}  Look at Jesus now!"



Madeline does not see the humor in this.




2 comments:

  1. Wait until Audrey finds out about the "Find Jesus" game. You'll all be looking around the house for Jesus!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to leave my "signature!!!"

    L.,
    M.

    ReplyDelete