We've had a rough last few weeks. Or months.
James has had bronchiolitis and wheezing and nebulizers since early February.
We finally got it under control thanks to a round of steroids last week.
Then James had two sleepless nights wrapped around one incredibly cranky day. He is usually the most easy-going, laid-back baby. So we took him in to the doctor. Raging ear infection.
Just one dose of antibiotics and he was back to himself. A few days later and I dare say that he is healthy again. Finally.
Enter Audrey with a lingering cough.
Last night Audrey had a fever and was up all night complaining of head and tummy "hurts".
Make the doctor's appointment for the morning. As we're getting ready to go, she seems miraculously 100% better.
I take her anyway because I am exhausted and desperately want there to be something wrong, just so we can fix it.
We wait ten minutes in the waiting room. I pick James up from his car seat. He stinks. His pjs are suspiciously wet in the back. He has blown out of his diaper (thank you, amoxicillin) and I have no change for him.
The nurse calls us back. I put stinky James back in his car seat. Dirty pants and all.
We get Audrey checked in. No fever. No chills. No complaints. She's reading books and talking away. Great.
I finally change James and he just gets to sit around in his diaper with a paper towel over the dirty spot in his car seat. He will get to leave the doctor's office naked.
The doctor arrives. Audrey appears fine. Great.
Then she checks her ears. Ear infection! Hallelujah!!!!!
Enlarged tonsils.
Possible sinus infection (explaining the headaches).
And a script for antibiotics (for maybe just the second or third time in her entire life). Yay!!!
Then, just to add more excitement to our day, I finally opened the blinds at noon and found a wasp in the house. I stealthily trapped him in some tupperware and threw him out the back door.
Do not mess with me, wasp. You're lucky I didn't try to squish you. I'm tired and I'm not messing around.
So, I raise my glass of milk from lunch two hours ago and say a toast to the future. Here's to a spring with no more illnesses!!!
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment