Monday, April 28, 2014

smiling success

The girls went to the dentist today and the unexpected happened.

They went in without me!!! 

The hygienist called their names. They confidently walked together, I asked if I needed to come back, and she said she'd get me if she needed me.

James and I played in the waiting room.

About twenty-five minutes later the dentist walked out with two beaming girls with a bag full of dental goodies. We chatted about their teeth and were off.


(Madeline smiling with rainy-day-ringlets. Audrey too busy with her goodie bag to turn around.)

The girls excitedly told me about the movie playing, how they took turns with teeth cleaning and seeing the dentist, how Madeline got pictures of her teeth (x-rays) and that the fluoride didn't taste bad.

Madeline told me she's so excited to go back in November.

Milestones you didn't expect that might be fun. Maybe one day I can sit in the waiting room and do something crazy like read a magazine.

1 comment:

  1. Brave little troopers!!!
    Glad things went well at the Dentist...........I can still remember the day yuor Aunt Judy and I went to the Dentist. Judy went in alone and almost immediately came running back out of the room and down the stairs...........with Grandma Madeline G right behind her.
    Something I hope you do not experience.
    Love, Grandpa G

    ReplyDelete