Audrey: I know. I'm choosing the longest one.
Madeline telling Gma about our dinner out: We were on our best behavior.
Apparently I say that a lot...
Audrey repeatedly asks for "two big dogs and a cat like June Bug".
Audrey: Can we get two dogs and a cat like June Bug?
Me: No. We have three children.
Repeat this conversation ten times daily.
You've heard before how much we love our mailman Tom. He's awesome. Since M's been at school, she hasn't seen that he now has a beard.
Madeline: That's a new mailman.
Me: No, that's Tom. He has a beard.
A few minutes later getting the mail...
Audrey: Are you Tom today?
Tom: I'm Tom everyday!
Me: Dad asked you to go potty. Remember, we just turned your listening ears on.
Audrey: Actually, I turned them off.
Repeated scene: James across the room slowly rolling, crawling, scooting towards Audrey's pile of library books.
Audrey: Jaaaaammeeesss!!! NOOOOO!!!
It reminds me of this old scene from Austin Powers.
Madeline has become quite the bookworm. We hit a garage sale yesterday that had chapter books for a dime each. She was in heaven. We walked away with some Junie B. Jones, A to Z Mysteries, and Magic Treehouse.
Madeline's also filling in her summer library reading program log and needs to record every fifteen minutes read. We bought a timer at the garage sales, too, and she's using it religiously.


No comments:
Post a Comment