Monday, June 16, 2014

Watch James Grow: 10 Months

Curiosity.

If I could sum up the little man James in one word it'd be curiosity.

He can stand up while holding on to something and is starting to attempt to pull up on furniture.  The other day I went to get him after nap and he was proudly sitting up in his crib.



I had to hide the sign for the picture.  He saw me coming with it and was out to get it.  Finally managed a sneak attack and hidden placement on the ottoman.

James is a moving machine now.  Wow.  Rolling, slithering, army-crawling everywhere that he wants to go.  That usually means to the DVD player, the stereo, the ONE non-baby-proofed outlet, the pile of his sisters' books, and pretty much anything that is not a baby toy.

One day he pulled the vent cover out of the floor.  And another day he crawled up on the bottom shelf of the sofa table.

In the last month we have graduated from sitting nicely for 10-15 minutes while playing in one spot to sitting for less than 10 seconds until moving off to find a new adventure.

Don't be fooled by the sweet face.  James is a dangerous man of drool and destruction.

Let me change the focus on that right as you attempt to snap my photo.

At the beginning of the month we got the all-clear from ear infections.  Yay!!!  With that came sleeping through the night.  For about a week.  Now I'm wondering if a tooth is waking him up at night.  But, bottom line is I need to give him some tough love and let him work it out.

James continues to be the most laid back baby ever.  He goes with the flow and soaks in all the craziness that surrounds him.  And he now participates in adding to the crazy.



He definitely notices when his sisters are gone.  Audrey has started going to Sunday School at church and James, who never had any problems, doesn't like the nursery any more.  He misses his big sis!

See you in another month!  {I have to continue to make myself update monthly...I've been working on his baby book and noticing that I didn't take as good of notes this time around.  Poor, neglected third child.  It's like I've been busier or something.}

No comments:

Post a Comment