Last night we sat around our patio table eating Papa Murphy's al fresco with an extra folding chair pulled up to fit our family of five. Darrin's observation: "I never would have imagined this six years ago." So many levels of true.
Madeline: "I think God teaches babies to laugh when they are in their mom's tummies because they just know how to do it already."
M's school had a Fun Run 1m/5k this weekend. We opted for the one mile and the girls LOVED it. I even had to run most of it with Audrey. She was not going to give up. Madeline ran ahead with a friend and Darrin brought up the rear with James in the stroller. Now the girls play "Fun Run" at home. Basically means they run up and down the sidewalk. Great game.
James: "Hi. Hi. Hi." It's all he says. He loves waving and talking to any person who will listen.
Audrey on going out for an afternoon adventure: "Sorry, James. You have to stay and take a nap."
Sitting down to dinner one night after Darrin had grilled.
Me: "Did you just get one [Fareway] bacon cheese burger?" LOVE those, btw.
Darrin with a turkey burger on his plate: "Yeah, there was only one left at the store. I gave it to you."
Sacrificial love. Wow.
My husband and I text and talk about football. I said it on Facebook recently: his ploy to get me to like football is working. I'm currently in twelfth place in our league of twelve. And I'm actually frustrated about that.
A package arrived via UPS the other day. After school Madeline asked where it came from. Audrey replies: "The brown truck brought it from Craigslist I think."


No comments:
Post a Comment