This desk makes me happy. She's not perfect, but she makes me happy.
I was going to wait to take better pictures. All styled and in Madeline's room like a really fancy person would do. But the truth is...she'll probably rarely be styled and put together.
And I'm not really a fancy person.
Here's how she started.
I hope one day when Madeline's sitting and doing algebra or writing her first book report I'll remember the days that I painted her. Twenty minutes at a time.
While listening to the neighbor girls play baby dolls in a cardboard box. While watching Audrey zoom around the garage on her bike pretending to be a fire truck. While the girls had a garage sale and paid for things with post-it notes. And while James babbled away and waved at neighbors driving by.
Taking breaks to chat with a neighbor who also has a thing for craigslist and painting furniture. Taking breaks to fill a sippy cup.
And taking breaks because someone just woke up from their nap.
Speaking of...
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment