Monday, January 26, 2015

Hello Internets!

Once upon a time I had a blog that I updated frequently so I'd remember little moments from the day to day.

And here's a lil post I started before Christmas that never got published and some new recent Dowell-isms.  Maybe I'll get crazy and post something tomorrow, too!

We survived over ten days of stomach bugs.  James and I had it, then we were all better for a few days, then everyone else got it, and now I think we're finally in the clear again.  It was unpleasant.

The girls have found an old photo album with pictures of Madeline has a toddler.  They love it.  The last pictures I've printed are from Christmas 2009 -- they've inspired me to actually print pictures.  No fancy scrapbooking, just 4x6 prints organized in a photo album.

And...some things overheard around the house.

Audrey playing baby dolls, "Where's Jesus? I need to feed her."  {Two of her girl baby dolls have now been named Jesus.}

Somehow changing {or not changing} your name after marriage has become a discussion among the girls.  Madeline made a few remarks, then Audrey chimes in with, "I'd like to change my name to Audrey Elizabeth UncleDave, but he's already married to Aunt Melissa!!!"

Praising Audrey after a trip to the dentist she says, "It's easy with a big sister not to cry."

Madeline was playing with a calculator and trying to stump me with multiplication facts.  She schemed up a big one, "O.K.  What's ONE THOUSAND times 128?"  Me without missing a beat, "128,000."  She checks the calculator.  Jaw drops in awe.  I've still got mental math skills.

After seeing my enthusiasm upon coming home with Little House in the Big Woods from the school library Madeline says, "You can read it, too, Mom.  Just don't move my bookmark."  Sharing is caring.

Before our girl scout field trip to the police station, "I'll be on my best behavior because I don't want to spend the night in jail."  Love it.  Good idea.

Talking to myself James, "We need to get Audrey from school!"  James replies, "Sisss."


No comments:

Post a Comment