It's cliche, but true. It seems like just yesterday you were born. I remember the first moment holding you in my arms and being immediately in love. I had no idea that I could love someone so much in just an instant. It's an amazing feeling being your mom!
At two years old, you are a bundle of energy with a fun little wiggle in your booty when you run. You like to play outside and want to be outside ALL the time now that the weather is nicer! At home we play with the neighbors or draw with chalk on the driveway. At the park you like to swing, slide, and ride the horses. You point out every dog, duck, or bird that goes by us and ask to give it kisses.
When we are inside, you read books constantly. You can even "read" some of them to yourself now. The library is one of your favorite places -- you do puzzles, color, and play with the train at the library. We also sing a lot at home. You're latest song is "Take Me Out to the Ball Game". You like to help in the kitchen, but you know to "back up" when Mommy is checking the oven. Your favorite foods are pizza and grilled cheese.
I hope that you keep your tenacious, adventurous spirit. Although your willingness to say "no" can drive me batty at times, that will be a good trait for you to have one day. You're also very independent and at times stubborn, and you want to try everything by yourself.
You're Mama's sweet girl. My little Boo.
I love you! Happy Birthday!!!
I'm with you, Lisa. It seems like yesterday I was driving to UCM to defend my thesis when I got the call that Madeline Grace was born. We're getting old. But these little girls God has blessed us with makes getting old so much more fun and meaningful. I'm so happy we get to be moms at the same time.
ReplyDeleteHappy Cake Day, Madeline!
Love, Aunt Ray
Gma and Papa recall the first time we saw you our sweet Madeline Grace. Time has gone by so fast. We love you to the moon and back.
ReplyDelete