One grande non-fat vanilla latte from Starbucks.
Madeline's entrance to Sam's soccer game: sunglasses on and purse in hand.
Watching Sam score a goal in his soccer game. Followed by enthusiastic fist pump.
Listening to Granny and Madeline talk about elbows in the backseat of the car.
Finding the VHS of my wedding (which I've never seen) in my parents' basement. Now if only we had a VCR...
Going on a bike ride near our house and being surrounded by cornfields as far as my eye can see in less than 1/2 mile.
Finding joy in wearing winter accessories even at the beginning of summer. And being too busy drumming on the table to look at the camera.
Listening to Madeline yell out the front door while I was making supper, "Hi Averi! Hi Lauren! Hi insert names of all kids in our neighborhood! Let's play chalk! Bubbles! Hey! People! Come crawl through my tunnel!" Even though they couldn't hear her. At all.
Madeline's request to go to church. "Right now."
The fact that I wrote most of this blog post while Madeline meticulously scraped every last drop of yogurt out of her cup at dinner.
Watching Madeline and her neighbor buddy race their lawn mowers down the driveway, laugh at each other, and then repeat twenty times.
And to end my lovely day, I'm watching Mr. Holland's Opus. I fully intend to cry at the end.
I have a VCR connected to my projector in my room. Please make use of this at once :) Stalker though I am, I saw you in your parents' yard today...
ReplyDeletePlease send my compliments to M upon her fantastic fashion sense. She is an ad for Zara before she even realizes it.
Funny, Tia Estephania. I walked by a Zara today and thought of you all.
ReplyDeleteWe need to make more home movies of all the fun stuff. Then M can find it in her parents basement in 20 years and wonder if anyone still has a dvd player to view it.
I love it! Madeline's enthusiasm (not sure of spelling and too lazy to look it up) and your blogging all of these special moments.
ReplyDeleteBonnie