Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Big News

I was excited and relieved to finally share our news with the world (via Facebook, of course) last week. It's hard to keep a secret for that long!

Answers to some of the pregnancy questions:

When are you due?
Um, we're not exactly sure. The doctor told us two dates: Feb 17 and Feb 20. I'm erring on the side of later -- that way if the baby comes earlier it will be a pleasant surprise. So we're saying February 20.

How have you been feeling?
Rather unpleasant. Most of June and July was a nauseous blur. I'm really bummed about that, as this was my last summer home alone with Madeline and we didn't really do anything big or special. Spent lots of days close to home playing in the yard (or the A/C) and some days on the couch. The good news is that August is a new month and things are looking up. I've been feeling MUCH better. More energy and no nausea. Whew.

Unfortunately, I'm also back on Lovenox until 6 weeks postpartum. It's a pain (literally at times), but it's better than the alternative -- risking another blood clot.

Do you have any names picked out?
Nope. None.

Do you think it's a boy or girl?
I kind of think it's a boy. Not sure why, I just do. I thought Madeline was a girl, and she was. Maybe I'll be two for two? Either way, we'll be thrilled. A boy will bring something entirely new and a girl...well we already have EVERYTHING we would need for a girl!

Needless to say, we're super excited. Madeline has no idea what's really going on, but she's starting to get suspicious with all the baby questions. My favorite exchange recently with Granny:

Granny: Madeline would you like a brother or a sister?
Madeline: Just a brother.
Granny: Oh, well, a sister would be nice, too.
Madeline: Silence.

We may be in for a slight adjustment at Casa Dowell.

2 comments:

  1. Gma and Papa are so happy. We want a healthy baby boy or girl. Take care and get your rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure we don't really get a vote, but the Gehlbach's think it's another girl! Abby is super thrilled for "Ma". (she does know how to say Madeline, but for some reason thinks that "Ma" is her nickname) Abby also thinks now that every mommy must be having babies because her mommy is and now a few of our other friends are. Fun times!!!!
    Staci

    ReplyDelete