Thursday, December 16, 2010

30 weeks


A current shot of the belly. Note my choice of angle...not a full side shot. No way.

Some current thoughts:

I'm still wearing my wedding ring. At 30 weeks with M I was already starting to swell daily, making rings and shoes not always feasible. Not there yet. Perhaps this time I can avoid that pesky symptom and continue to wear shoes throughout my entire pregnancy. We'll see.

I think we could scare some teenagers away from sex by telling them some of the more...shall we say unmentionable...side effects of pregnancy. I won't elaborate. But there are a few things I could do without during and after birth. And I am sure most teens would be mortified to hear about it. Just sayin'.

Stretchy cotton dresses, leggings, and boots are sooooo comfy. I'd wear them all the time for the rest of my life. Unfortunately my body type doesn't really allow. When I'm not pregnant the style would look...well...like I was pregnant. But now that I am pregnant, I'm taking full advantage. Plus, it pretty much feels like I'm in my PJs all day.

Some boys (two different boys in two different classes from two different grades) just said in class last week, "What?!?! You're pregnant???" Okay, seriously. I know that adolescent boys are fairly self-absorbed. And it's not like I really talk about being pregnant in class. But really? They see me every day. Did you just think I had a ginormous gut and was chowing on the donuts all day? Or maybe they thought I had extremely poor posture? Nah, they are just so focused on learning Spanish that they don't notice anything else. Yeah. That's it.

2 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! Home stretch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute!! And personally, I don't understand why all pants can't have stretchy bands like maternity pants. They'd be so much more comfortable :)

    ReplyDelete