Wednesday, January 26, 2011

36 Weeks

We're coming down the home stretch. And a-stretching we are.


Tonight we actually started making some lists and packing the go-bag. Not that I'm in a rush. Not quite ready yet. Plus due to my meds I can't get an epidural until Friday. So please, PLEASE, Lord, no Baby until after Friday at the least! Let's face it: I want an epidural and it would be very un-Dowell to arrive early for something.

I am reaching the point where I'm not sure how much more room there is to grow and I'm having some difficulty staying comfortable in a seated position for more than ten minutes. But it's really not so bad. I'm content to let this little lady stay warm and cozy until at least the week of February 14.

I have to give props to my extremely supportive husband, too. He keeps telling me how great I look. Which, even if he's fibbing a bit, still feels good to hear. And it makes me wonder just how bad (swollen, bloated, miserable and puffy) did I look when I was pregnant with M and retaining more water than I thought was physically possible?

My actual due date is February 20, but thanks to my unique medical history and past delivery of an 8 lb 15 oz baby...please pause for a moment. That's right. I said EIGHT pounds and FIFTEEN ounces. That's big. Granted not as big as Jeriann Ritter's 10.5 lb baby (my favorite weatherlady on channel 13 who had a baby recently), but big enough for me. So anyway. Thanks to all of that I'll probably be induced the week of February 14 if Baby hasn't yet made her grand appearance. Which she absolutely WILL NOT make until after February 11 or so...when my long-term sub becomes available.

Because, ya know, babies always arrive exactly when their mommies want them to, right?

3 comments:

  1. You know I would come back for you, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's in the middle of the night drop Madeline off here. Gma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! We are so excited to meet little Charlotte. Or Summer. Or Wolfgang. :)

    Staci

    ReplyDelete