Monday, January 31, 2011

Modge-Podge Reveal

I am super excited with how this project turned out. It's not perfect, but it's made with a mama's love. Of course, there are a few things that I'd change...but we won't get in to that. This post isn't about self-loathing...it's the celebration of a completed project!

Without further adieu, I present to you: The Modge Podge Project.


In the interest of full disclosure, I'd like to point out that M's bed is never made. Thanks to the semi-unsightly, yet extremely functional and highly necessary bed rails, the bed never gets made. It's too complicated. But my husband insisted we make the bed before posting the pics for the cyber-world to see. :)

But, back to the project. Not that I'm an expert, but here's how I did it.

First, I sketched my drawings on paper. The flower and butterfly I drew freehand based on M's quilt. The frog was a bit trickier, so I sought some help from clipart. Then I transferred my drawings to some butcher paper that was the size of the canvas (20x20) with the help of my friend the Elmo/projector. It's a perk of the day job.


Once my templates were ready, I picked my papers (most of which I already had in my scrapbooking stash, the rest I got on sale 5/$1), cut out each template, traced them on the back of my scrapbooking paper and cut out again.


I painted my canvases with leftover paint from the walls in the girls' rooms and then modge-podged the paper to the canvas.


Tonight we put them up. And we received the seal of approval from our little jumping bean.


5 comments:

  1. Super cute! What a great idea to do the modge-podge stuff rather than try to paint. You are so crafty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, this is so cute! I LOVE our little jumping bean. I have the Baby's name frame done - you can see it on FB. I hid the name ...

    Gma

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look Great! Totally looks like you bought them with her bed set - Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo cute Lisa! I've always wondered how that was done! It looks good enough to be sold, at least to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously??!!! AMAZING!! Great job!!

    Brianna

    ReplyDelete