I've heard this song on the radio probably five times in the last week. It's been on the radio more in the last week than I've heard it in the last six months. It just keeps coming back on, and I can't listen to it without tearing up.
(I posted the long version that has Steven Curtis Chapman talking about the song at the end...)
It makes me think of how fast the time has already gone with Madeline. I can't believe that she's going to be three in just two months. It just doesn't seem possible. And she'll be a big sister in less than a week. The time goes by so fast. The song reminds me to cherish each moment.
It makes me think about all of the milestones to come. Kindergarten. The prom. College. A wedding. I'm sure they'll each be bittersweet. I'm excited for them. It's so amazing to watch Madeline become her own little person. With each passing milestone, I'm happy to see her grow up and enter a new stage in life, but at the same time I'll miss the sweet moments that have already gone by.
It also makes me think of the real tragedy attached to the song. It's sung by Steven Curtis Chapman who lost his youngest daughter in an accident (Maria, that he talks about on the video). It's unimaginable. Losing your five-year-old daughter. I simply can't imagine losing a child.
And it's fitting that tonight my little Cinderella is off to "the ball" with her prince. It's the Daddy/Daughter Dance at church. Madeline's been very excited and saying all sorts of cute things.
When the garage door opened: "The prince is home!"
While Daddy was getting dressed, and I asked if she wanted to help me with something: "I just want to be with the prince."
On the phone to Granny and Grandpa: "I'm going to the ball tonight, 'cause it's fun to go to the ball sometimes."
Such a sweetheart. It is fun to go to the ball sometimes.
7 years ago
I can never listen to that song without tearing up! Especially knowing all he's been through -- but he and his wife have had such an amazing testimony through it all.
ReplyDeleteHope Madeline enjoyed her ball with the prince :) What a little sweetheart!
Can't wait to hear the big news!!!