Sorry...no pictures to post. Just realized that I haven't taken any pics since I went back to work on May 18. Oops.
The day before Mother's Day.
Madeline: I got you a 101 Dalmations card!
Me: Oh, I know I'll love it....were you supposed to tell me that or was that a secret?
Madeline: Oh...that was a secret.
Me: Did you like having Audrey with you at Gma JoAnne's house (daycare) this week?
Madeline: Yeah. She (Audrey) is my best friend.
Madeline stubbed her toe on a bench.
Me: I'm sorry that you got hurt.
Madeline: You don't need to say sorry. I did it myself. I'm sorry myself.
Later that day when she bonked herself on something I overheard another "I'm sorry myself."
Darrin offered to make some banana muffins. But I said I would do it (because he has a habit of misreading the recipe resulting in inedible muffins).
Madeline (completely unprompted): Yeah. Yours are bad. Mommy's are good.
Madeline: There's Ernie.
Me (looking and expecting a Sesame Street picture or balloon somewhere): Where?
Madeline: Over there. (Pointing at a man wearing a blue and red striped rugby shirt.)
When Darrin and I were having a discussion the other day, Madeline chimes in: Daddy, when Mommy tells you to do something, you do it!
Hmm....how many times has she heard the one before?
7 years ago
Oh Madeline! She is so smart and funny! We love her!
ReplyDeleteStaci
I just love the things they say at this age!
ReplyDelete