Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Watch Audrey Grow: 7 Months

Another month, another update.  Where does the time go?

Mom's always telling me not to eat the books.  She's no fun.

We're continuing to make progress on food.  Audrey now eats cereal enthusiastically and allows us to sneak in the occasional vegetable.  She eats tolerates sweet potatoes.  Everything else?  Well, I try to sneak them into her clamped jaw. :)  We're getting there. My trick? Get spoonful of veggie, dip/cover it in cereal and insert in mouth.  After being an extremely picky eater myself growing up, I suppose I'm destined to have two picky eaters myself.  Right?

We're also making some progress on sleep.  Audrey still wakes up once a night to eat.  It's probably (ok....most certainly) my own fault.  We've tried crying it out several times, but it seems like once we make some progress a new tooth appears or some other bump in the road comes up and we're back to not sleeping through the night.  So, I've resigned myself to the fact that it's easier on all of us if I just get up, feed her for ten minutes and put her back to bed.  At this point, it's just not that important to me.  She's a baby and I'm enjoying all the baby moments (even the weary-eyed 3am moments) because I know that the days will fly by and soon enough the baby stage will seem like a distant memory.  So, for the time being, we're just going with it.



Audrey shows some interest in crawling (in the last few days she's been trying to push up onto her feet when on her tummy), and she's a very sturdy sitter.  Surround her with a bunch of toys and she's a happy camper.  Right now I enjoy knowing that she stays in one spot.  I'm sure crawling will be in our near future.

Oh, I see.  You've been hiding the sign behind the blocks.  Found it!

Audrey has also discovered her loud voice and pulling hair.

A typical day in the life of Audrey?

7:00 Wake up for the day, nurse and play.
9:00 Morning nap for 45 minutes or so, then nurse again.
12:00 Have some cereal/veggies for lunch
1:00 Nurse and take a nap
3:30 Wake up and play
4:30 Nurse again :)
6:00 Dinner with the family
8:00 Nurse and night-night....then wake up one more time to eat around 3:00am :)

Excited to see what next month brings!

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand choosing your battles when it comes to sleep! Ash has never been a good sleeper, and he still sleeps with us in our bed. But I'm just like you--I enjoy the extra cuddles with him and I know that these times will be gone way too soon. I only feel guilty when I think others are judging me and my choices as a parent...but the doctor said that as long as everyone in our family is rested, then it's fine. :)

    ReplyDelete