Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful snippets

Ahhh...a sigh of contentment.  What a phenomenal Thanksgiving weekend.   

It started with a much needed Girls Night Out on Wednesday night.  Good food, good friends, good conversation, good times.

Thanksgiving day was absolutely gorgeous.  The weather was perfect.  We enjoyed an intense family tournament of four square, ate lots of yummy food and  walked it off at the Festival of Trees.

This photo really captures my natural-born athletic prowess.  

I boycotted Black Friday and put up the Christmas tree with my hubby and the girls on Friday.  Totally worth it.  Besides, I've already done most of my shopping for the girls....at garage sales and consignment.  I'm in thrifty mode this year.

We had a good ole Iowa Machine Shed brunch on Saturday and I got to meet Darrin's cousin and her family for the first time.  They were in town visiting friends and we were able to spend part of the day with them.  So fun!


I found a cool free printable to add to my Christmas decor.  I've proclaimed my love for Pinterest before, right?


Madeline went to see Disney on Ice with Gma and Papa, Audrey stayed home and played with Granny and Grandpa, and Darrin & I went to an El Rodeo supper and browsed the bookstore for awhile.  Very lovely.

And now tonight is our first at-home Advent ceremony this year.  Totally loving the beginning of the Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment