Saturday, December 17, 2011

Not-so-fancy-schmancy Christmas Card Holder

I knew I wanted to make something this year to display my photo Christmas cards.  I used to keep all my cards in a basket, but I wanted to be able to see them everyday.  So I went to my trusted time-waster friend Pinterest and found a few ideas.  But they all involved clothes pins.  And, quite frankly, I didn't want to go buy clothes pins.

So I found a different idea -- paper clips!  Genius AND I have a bunch of those.  (I'd link you back to the original idea on Pinterest, but I can't find it now.  Lesson learned: Always pin the first time I see it.)

I present to you, my Christmas card display:


I didn't take pictures of the process, because....well....I was totally making it up as I went.

Basically, it came down to two steps.  I wrapped two pieces of cardboard (thank you, Pampers) in gray felt that I had for another project.  Then I hot-glued on three pieces of ribbon.  That's it.  Very intense, I know.

To hang the cards, poke a paper clip through the ribbon and clip the card into place.



There you have it.  If I were a fancier gal, I'd consider using colored paper clips or even putting a little embellishment over the clip.  But this is totally workin' for me in simplified form.

Keep those cards coming, there's still room for more!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I saw that on pinterest too, but I ended up doing a Martha Stewart one with clothespins! (mainly to keep it up out of Andy's reach!)

    ReplyDelete