Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Watch Audrey Grow: 11 months

It is seriously unfathomable to me that my lil Audrey will be a whole year old in just one more month.  Wowsa.  Where does the time go?

And let me just say, no one's ever looked so good in pink cheetah leggings.  I mean seriously.  Adorable.


Not much to update in the mobility department.  Still no crawling.  At what point should I be concerned about this?  It's definitely on my radar to ask at her one year well-visit with the pediatrician.  Audrey rolls all over and stretches to reach things that she wants.  She can move backwards and sideways while on her belly, but no forward motion.  She scoots herself around in circles while sitting on her bottom.  And would completely outreach anyone in a sit and reach contest (8th grade gym class, anyone?).


We're making nice strides in the food department.  She still gets some baby food, but really prefers to feed herself.  She's a wee bit independent with her food.  Her whole-hearted favorites for self feeding are bananas, sweet potatoes, carrots, bread, and cheese.  She's so-so on peas, mandarin oranges, apples, avocado, pears, and peaches.  All in all, it's going well and I'd love to give up baby food altogether in the near future.


Audrey has also made progress in the milk department.  She now will use the sippy cup all by herself and drink milk or water.  This makes me breathe a sigh of relief!  We're coming down the home stretch as far as nursing is concerned, and I can say without reservation that I'm pretty ready to have my body back.  After the rough start that we had with nursing, I'm so thankful we met the ladies at lactation and we made it longer than I imagined!  The whole year!

Tooth #6 finally appeared in the last week or so.  Unfortunately, chewing on any object within reach continues.  She may have eaten a little bit of a coupon during our last visit to the grocery store.  Just maybe.


While we were all home over Christmas break, Darrin reinstated the morning nap.  There are days that she still fights it and or ends up without a nap because we're on the go, but it is really nice on the mornings that she does nap.  Madeline and I have some quiet, quality time together and I really enjoy that.

Excited to see what next month brings...

1 comment: