I buy name brand graham crackers because I swear I can tell the difference. I buy generic on almost everything. But not graham crackers. There is something more graham-y and honey-y and crunchy about the name brand kind. Darrin doesn't believe me. Whatever. They're totally different.
I can't believe I lived most of my young life believing that I didn't like yummy foods that I had never tried before. Included in the list, but not restricted to: guacamole, feta, craisins and golden raisins, tequila (not a food...but close enough), sweet potatoes, string cheese, chopped veggie salad, steaks with some pink in the middle and veggie pizza.
We didn't give Madeline table food until it was way too late. She was still eating mainly baby food when she was 15 months old. Audrey refuses to touch baby food or anything pureed (yogurt, applesauce, pretty much anything on a spoon) and begs for whatever food is on my plate. Therefore, Audrey has tried and liked guacamole, curry, Chinese food (well...Hy-Vee Chinese. Does that really count?), BBQ chicken, steak, and pork chops.
I wish Trader Joe's wasn't 40 minutes away. I really like their soy & flaxseed tortilla chips.
I still love Cadbury Creme Eggs and could eat an entire truckload of them in one sitting. This year I rationed myself to three eggs for the season. It's a good thing they're only around once a year.
7 years ago
Yep! Same with Lily and Sophia. I feel like I partially have myself for Lily's picky-ness because we didn't introduce her to enough stuff early on. Sophia does have some stuff she doesn't like, but she generally will eat almost anything and she's not afraid to TRY new foods. Part of the learning curve with parenting, I guess!
ReplyDelete