Monday, June 18, 2012

Recording my voice

I'm still a bit of an old-fashioned scrapbooker.

Not a big fancy-schmancy, over the top with ribbons and buttons scrapbooker.  But a journaling, memory-writing scrapbooker.


When I first started getting deep in Creative Memories, a consultant or a friend or someone at a crop once told me that handwritten scrapbooks are the way to go.  Because when you see someone's handwriting you hear their voice in your mind.

The joyous scrapbooking mess.  It sprawls from the table to the floor to the old ottoman and beyond.

I've {re}started working on Audrey's baby book.  In real life she's 16 months old.  In her baby book she's still only one day old. It's a good thing I have a blog to jog my memory.  It's also a good thing that I'm a paper hoarder and still have more than enough leftovers from M's baby book.


My helper not wanting to be photographed...


Recently I've considered going all digital in scrapbooks and one day soon I probably will.

For the baby book, I'll keep going with the old fashioned way.  Full of handwritten notes, a few mis-spellings and a few cross it out and do-over errors.

All because I want them to know my voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment