Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer Randoms

Oh, I love summer.  Love it.


Last summer I was still deep in the throngs of sleep deprivation and breastfeeding.  So much so that I didn't enjoy summer to it's fullest.

But I'm loving this summer.

Two girls looking at the camera and smiling with eyes open?  No such luck.

My favorite moments are the quiet ones outside.  Pushing Audrey in the swing.  Riding bikes.  Listening to birds chirp and pup-pups bark.  Creating chalk art.  Eating lunch on the patio.  Watching Madeline get on the swing, get going and pump her legs all by herself.


Why is it that the kiddos can entertain themselves outside by just running around, watering flowers or chasing butterflys, but inside with a world of toys at their fingertips they're "bored"?

We've been enjoying our season passes to Adventureland.  Madeline wants to go there everyday.  Her favorite ride is the teacups.  Watching her squeal with delight as they spin in circles is priceless.

Audrey's first ride on the chuck wagons.

Naptime for Madeline is in phase out mode.  I'm still enforcing the quiet-time routine.  She stays in her room for one hour and plays on her own.  Usually it's longer than one hour.  In fact, I currently hear her singing to herself or one of her baby dolls.  Some days she falls asleep.  Most days not.

Sissy gets to take swimming lessons.  I just get to sit here and eat cheerios.

I went to the grocery store by myself today.  I didn't have to get a racecar cart and I shopped at a leisurely, quiet pace.

Simple pleasures.


No comments:

Post a Comment