Two girls are napping, supper is in the crockpot, laundry in the washing machine, dishwaster empty, counter cleared and me taking time to do some pinterest-ing projects.
Don't get too excited. This kind of crazy good fortune and hyped-up organization only happens like once every six months.
But I am really pumped about my latest project.
Drum roll please....
I made coasters. I'd post a tutorial, but who am I kidding? I just found them on Pinterest and followed these instructions.
The four coasters cost less than $4.00 to make {could have been much cheaper, but I had to buy the can of sealant for $3.50 :)} and I have enough tiles and supplies to make five more coasters. I already had the paper, Mod Podge, glue, and felt on hand.
And to think I was considering buying a similar set at a local crafty shop for $18.00. As if.
See that?!?!? That's nine ceramic tiles for $0.25.
A few weeks ago I popped in the Habitat for Humanity ReStore to see what fun things might be there. Lo and behold, I found nine tiles for a quarter (!!!) and snatched them up.
On the project list for later this week -- frame some printables for the kitchen and make a little wall art for the bedroom.
Woot, woot!! Coasters are already in their new happy home in the living room.
Should go do something relaxing now that I have a chance. My toenails are beggin' for some polish...
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment