There was much dancing, singing, playing, crafting, jumping and praising. Madeline did her best to thwart my attempts at photography. Looking away anytime she spotted me with a camera.
Of course this week she wants to listen to the CD in the car non-stop and dances in her car seat with her baby dolls.
Speaking of baby dolls...
To beat the heat and entertain indoors, I busted out the American Girl dolls. It's a good thing Granny keeps everything. Including Kirsten, Samantha and Molly. They're a big hit around here these days.
So are the books.
And those suckers are chapter books, people. With like 60 pages. And only like five pictures in the whole book. That's a lot of reading out loud for this mama. But you know me....huge book nerd....I love it.
| Excuse the I-showered-but-didn't-groom look combined with the I-need-to-do-laundry look. |
I did
The letter is made from cardboard -- a diaper box to be exact. Wrapped in twine and embellished with some authentically 1970s fabric that my mom gave me. (It works well....she keeps EVERYTHING and then I raid her stash for crafty stuff.)
And news flash: tomorrow is August. What? When did that happen?

Yep, that fabric was Aunt Barbara's from a quilt that she never got made. I am glad to see that it is being put to good use. Aunt Barbara would be pleased too! That is a very nice decoration!
ReplyDeleteL.,
M.