Sunday, September 16, 2012

randoms: 'cause I can't think of a better title

Audrey has gone from being a sweet baby to a bit of a monster.  I think she's in the terrible one-and-a-halfs.  Oh my goodness.  She dislikes bedtime with a vengeance and refuses to sit in shopping carts.  She loves coloring with markers (some on paper....most on her clothes) and comes totally unglued when time to put them away.

She looks so sweet, doesn't she?  Don't be fooled.

Washable markers are amazing.  They just wash right out.

I've already had two grande, non-fat pumpkin spice lattes.  And it's not even officially fall yet.

I don't understand the ridiculously huge cheerleader bows.  They look, um, ridiculous.

Madeline wants to be a mom and a mailman when she grows up.  She also wants to be a cheerleader, pre-school teacher, flag-twirler and librarian.


I'm in love with the song "Some Nights" by Fun.

My girlfriends are awesome.  We even have a nick-name for ourselves and kind of treat it like a pseudo-sorority.  Mainly 'cause none of us were cool enough to be in a sorority the first time around.  Well...one was, but she's like the most non-sorority girl I know.  And they don't mind when I ramble on about random stuff like this.

Grandparents are amazing.  The girls love adventures with their grandparents.


Audrey is definitely a walker now.  It took her about one week to go from no steps to a few steps to walking steadily 100% of the time.  She never really even went through the toddler-walking-like-a-zombie stage.

Cleaning is not my favorite.  Of all the things I miss about working, our cleaning lady tops the list.  BUT, I'm working on it.  I've been making a weekly chore chart for myself and I'm realizing that if I do a few things each day, it's not so bad.

I've subbed twice this year.  It's a nice breath of sanity and change of pace to our daily routine.


Some days it's nice to skip a nap, snuggle and watch Sleeping Beauty.  You can't watch it alone 'cause "some parts are too scary, Mom."

I'm trying to complete my crafty to-do list before adding any new items.  Pinterest keeps thwarting my plans.  I need to ban myself from Pinterest and blogs for awhile.

1 comment: